Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Naps... or the Lack Thereof

Anyone who has read this blog knows that Ephraim has never been a good sleeper. You could say that he is a crappy sleeper. Naps have always been difficult, but since the addition of Selah, they are becoming rarer. Ephraim has always needed help to fall asleep - this is mostly his personality and a lot of my fault for not forcing him to learn. (Some people can handle the cry it out routine, but I am not one of them). Forrest and I have decided that I can battle with Ephraim to try and take a nap until around 2 (or when Selah wakes up from her after lunch nap) and then I can give up.

This has lead to many afternoon movies (to deter the whining that happens when he doesn't take a nap) and random falling asleep on the couch episodes.

Exhibit A: Ephraim had done a good job falling asleep but then woke up when the dog barked. I brought him downstairs, went back upstairs to get Selah and found this. He slept for another 2 hours.
Exhibit B: Ephraim fell asleep on the couch around 3PM after watching a movie.

No comments :