Friday, March 27, 2009

God Is Good, All the Time.

Prayers for Stellan

For the past few days I have been praying fervently for this little guy. He's currently in a hospital in Minnesota and his heart rate is in the mid 200's and has been for days. The doctors have been unable to slow it down to a normal rhythm. I look at his adorable little face and just want to cry - I can not imagine how his mom feels or what I would do if that were Ephraim.

Back in high school our youth pastor taught us this little saying - God is good, all the time and All the time, God is good. God's character is good and that is unchangeable. Regardless of what is going on in the world - God is who He says he is, and He is good. And even in the worst possible circumstances - God is good. I remember praying as hard as I ever have for God to heal my dad. God didn't answer my prayer the way I wanted him to - but even in that circumstance He is good.

I don't know what little Stellan's outcome is going to be. I do know that God wants me to continue to pray for him. I also know that regardless of the outcome, God is still good - even if it isn't the result that I have been praying for. Please pray for little Stellan and his family today. Thanks.

No comments :