Thursday, March 05, 2009

11 Months

Sheesh! February flew by too quickly. Ephraim just keeps getting more fun. It is so enjoyable to watch him explore his surroundings and continue to figure things out. He is becoming braver with taking steps - but still only takes 3-5 at a time. Bear crawling is his preferred mode of transportation. His latest tricks include shaking his head no. I originally taught him how to shake his head to say "I don't know" but he now shakes his head no whenever I ask him a question or we tell him he is going to go to do something he doesn't want to do (go to bed). Speaking of going to bed - I didn't think it was possible for us to get worse in this area - but oh my goodness. For the past week he has been up a minimum of 6 times. I have been sick and not feeling up to battling him, but as soon as I get over this nastiness it will be a battle (and I will win... eventually... because someday he will move out of my house and his wife will have to deal with his sleep issues.)

He has several "words" that he says. Bye, uh-oh, and up (mup). He will not say them for you on command, but will surprise you every once in a while. His climbing skills have improved as he gets taller (he's completely in 18 month clothing.) He loves to help me unload the dishwasher and yesterday he climbed up in the dishwasher and was standing up on the door. I can't believe he will be 1 in a month - but it has been a entertaining journey thus far.

No comments :