Wednesday, September 03, 2008

A Year Ago...

I have been thinking a lot the past few weeks of what we were doing a year ago. Last August Forrest and I had just found out that we were pregnant. I was terrified because we had miscarried 3 months earlier. We went to Jackson for my 10 year high school reunion. While we were there my parents threw an End of the Summer party as a goodbye party - since they were moving to Oregon. They had planned to have it outside, but the weather did not cooperate and we moved it to the barn. How many of you have actually been to a real "barn party?" These are the last pictures I have of my dad. It wasn't the last time I saw him, but it was the last time I thought to take pictures.
I love that I have pictures of my dad dancing. He had a great dance. It was one of a kind. I love how happy my parents look together.
Michelle and Daddy dancing.
On the day we left Jackson my cousin Alfred flew in to see his girlfriend Bailey. My dad was at work at the hospital and that's why he's not in the picture.

Colleen and Elisa.

3 comments :

Hannah said...

I love those pics of your parents. You can see the joy radiating from their faces.

Barb said...

thanks Aimers. that night was so special in so many ways- I love your Dad so very much - I love the pictures, too - they are blurring because of my tears - but I am so glad to see them.

The Willcox Family said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures. Seeing the joy on your parents faces was AWESOME! It was always so impressive how much they loved each other and spending time together. Trav and I both checking out you blog and are gr8phul that you shared that.