Saturday, November 06, 2010

A Tea Party

From September 23rd

From the moment I knew that we were going to Jackson and the boys were going to be gone over Colleen's birthday, I knew I wanted to do something for her 30th. Colleen wasn't quite sure. She doesn't like to be the center of attention. I attempted to find a balance between honoring Colleen's dislike of being the center of attention with my belief that 30 is a big deal and your friends should help you celebrate.

I came up with the idea of a tea party - something that the little girls would enjoy and wouldn't be filled with birthday banners. Since I don't live in Jackson I talked with my friend Jenn and she helped me come up with a date and time. Jenn then handed the coordinating to our friend Dancy, who is amazing. She is seriously had everything coordinated and I didn't have to worry about inviting anyone or figuring out food. She even did the decorations. All I came up with was a craft for the kids (which is a sore subject since I left my craft supplies in Washington)

Dancy came by while we were doing preschool and set up the adult tables. Complete with china tea sets.
Everyone brought food and we had two different food tables.
Our kids testing out the craft picnic table before the party really started.
The kids made little crowns. Here is princess Raina.
And her Royal Highness Selah.
12 mommas and 22 kiddos.
It was a beautiful day and I think everyone had fun. Including Colleen. :)

No comments :