Thursday, January 15, 2009

He Might Have Inherited It From Me:

As Ephraim gets older I have noticed that he has developed a slight leaning towards being melodramatic. I have no idea where he got this from as I did not yell at my husband early one morning this week because he told me he had let the dog outside. Ephraim will occasionally cry big tears when I have the audacity to leave the living room and go to the kitchen.

He also has a stubborn streak. He will look at me, hear me say no and then take off. Or he will refuse to eat. The other day he literally fell out of his bumbo (it was on the floor) trying to avoid a spoonful of oatmeal. I have never been stubborn so this must be from Forrest.

He laughs when I try to discipline him. My dad liked to tell me that I received the most spankings out of all 4 kids and would also laugh at my parents when they tried spanking me. Ephraim has begun biting while nursing. I have tried pulling him off, giving him a firm "no" and flicking his cheek. He looks up at me, giggles and then goes in for another bite.

I suppose that since I gave my parents all sorts of trouble that I deserve what is coming to me. I am sure it is bound to be an adventure. (In defense of yelling at Forrest - It was 6AM and I had just put Ephraim back to bed for the 5th time. I was exhausted and did not want to get back out of bed in 10 minutes to let the dog back in. I wasn't coherent enough to explain that to him so all I got out was "NO! Let him back in!" I have since apologized and been forgiven.)

1 comment :

Kat said...

Hahahhahaha You crack me up. :)

And the nursing/biting thing, that is why Kai only nursed for 10 months. The biting made me CRAZY!!!!

You Rock and you are an AWESOME Mom :)