Monday, February 13, 2012

Delivery Day

Look at what was delivered early this morning? Nothing like being woken up at 4:30 because your dog is barking like crazy at the poor milkman.
I am super excited to start having milk and eggs delivered every week.  I am paying more for milk than I would at a grocery store, but there are so many benefits.  #1 - the milk is fresher.  30 hours from cow to my door rather than 2 weeks from cow to store.  #2 - I am hoping that by having basics delivered that I will save money by not going to the store.  I would often go to Costco for milk and eggs  - and I would spend extra money.
I have also started doing Bountiful Baskets.  Look it up and see if there is one near you!  Two weekends ago I picked up my first "basket".  15 dollars for 7 apples, 1 pineapple, 2 pears, 1 carton of strawberries, 5 pounds of potatoes, 1 head of romaine lettuce, 3 things of celery, 3 broccoli heads, 7 little red bell peppers, 3 yellow onions, 3 tomatoes, a bunch of radishes and two bunches of asparagus.

I am hoping that our grocery budget will be going down and our intake of whole foods will increase!