Wednesday, April 01, 2009

It's Official...

The last night of full sleep I had was April 1, 2008. Why April 1st you ask when Ephraim wasn't born until the 4th? Well - the 2nd is when I was told I was having a baby on Friday - I couldn't sleep out of excitement/nerves and we had to be at the hospital at 7AM on the 3rd to have an amniocentesis. On the 3rd I went to bed at 9PM and was awoken at 1AM and told to come into the hospital to be induced. Sweet Ephraim was born on the 4th and began my year of sleep deprivation.

There are several companies that deserve a shout out for helping me remain sane during the past year:
Twinings - Your Irish breakfast tea makes my morning. It is pure deliciousness and I look forward to it from the moment I roll out of bed to start my day.
Oregon Chai - Thank you for adding spice to my life. Thanks for being a yummy alternative to my Irish Breakfast and for being sold at Costco so I can afford to have the pleasure of drinking you regularly.
Coke - Ah, Coca-Cola. There is no more wonderful beverage than a Coke on ice with a straw. Thank you for creating Diet Coke with Lime so that I could make the transition to a diet drink easier. You are my afternoon pick me up.

Here is to hoping that the next year is filled with more sleep!

3 comments :

Andrea said...

Here's to a year of sleeping (raising my soy vanilla Wild Tribe)!

Hannah said...

Maybe Ephraim isn't sleeping because of all of the caffeinated beverages you are consuming throughout your day. =)

Can't wait to see you this weekend. I miss you, my friend.

Hannah said...

Okay, this is weird. I just posted that comment on your blog, but didn't say anything about what I was doing... now Gracie is looking out our front window saying "Amy, Amy, Amy."