Monday, October 16, 2006

Apples, Apples!

This weekend, Forrest, Colleen, Elisa, Michelle, and Ryan and I headed over to Yakima to celebrate the life of my Uncle Rex, who recently passed away, with the rest of the Forbes Family. There was a wonderful memorial service on Saturday, with lots of memories shared about my fantastic uncle.


On Sunday, the four Forbes (and Forrest and Elisa) spent time with our cousin Dennis, his wife Mindy and their two kids, Jacob and Joelle.

After lunch, the six of us went up to my Uncle Jerry and Aunt Fay's house. They took us to my dad's junior high principal's orchard to pick some apples. We had a great time.
Uncle Jerry told us stories about how my grandma
picked 287 boxes of apples in a day when she was 8 months pregnant with my dad. I also learned that a tree yields about 15 boxes, and he used to get paid 10 cents a box. Uncle Jerry was the fastest picker, but we all had a lot of fun. Forrest and I had rented a suburban, and we filled the entire back of the car with apples. Uncle Jerry told us to lay out the apples when we got home, so that they could dry out since we picked them in the rain. We filled most of our downstairs room with apples. Now our house smells really yummy!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

These are great pictures of my family having fun together. I hope your apple cider pressing party is lots of fun!

Moms: