Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Baby Update

Gestational age: 32 weeks, 5 days
BP: 118/60
Weight gain: 2 pounds (in 3 weeks)

This doctor's appointment went WAY better than my last appointment. The nurse Becky asked me how I was doing as the CNA was weighing me and after hearing that I only gained 2 pounds in 3 weeks my answer was "fantastic!"

Baby girl is measuring right on target and her heartbeat sounds great. She is currently breach. It was fun to find out that the large round object right below my rib cage is her head and not her bum. Ephraim was breech at this point too and turned around 34 weeks. Hopefully she will turn soon - but she is such a roller, that she may wait longer.

I have been having a lot of headaches lately - usually at night, but several have lasted all day. Tylenol will dull my headache, but not make it go away. I have been trying to drink a lot of liquid thinking it may have been dehydration related, but that hasn't worked either. My doctor thinks it is due to a lack of sleep. Ephraim has not been sleeping well at all so we will blame him. :) He offered me painkillers with narcotics, but I declined. The headaches are annoying, but not so terrible that I feel the need for major painkillers.

The best news was that there is currently not a national shortage of heparin, so it doesn't look like I will be induced for that this time. My doctor can't tell me if I will need to be induced for other reasons - it is too soon to tell that - but at least it won't be heparin related.

My next appointment is in 2 weeks. I can't believe baby girl will be here in less than 8 weeks.

No comments :