Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Kinsley's Baby Dedication

We dedicated Kinsley at church on Sunday, October 20th.  I don't have any pictures, but I thought I would share the letter we (I) wrote that I read to the congregation.


Dear Kinsley Ann,

We are so thankful that you have joined our family.  Your sweet and smiley personality have made the transition to three relatively easy.  Kinsley means "from the king's meadow" and it is our prayer that you will recognize that you are the daughter of the one and only true King and come to know God personally.  Your middle name Ann is after three godly women.  We pray that you follow in their footsteps and believe in Christ as your Savior.  The verses we have chosen for you are Psalm 25:4-5.  "Show me your ways, O Lord.  Teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me for you are God my savior, and my hope is in you all the day long."


We then had friends over for lunch after church and it was an enjoyable time.

I should probably add a little side note.  Kinsley's middle name is Ann.  It wasn't until after she was born and we were talking to my mom that I was told that my Grandma Norris' middle name was NOT Ann.  I have thought for 35 years that it was.  So - in naming Kinsley - I thought we were naming her after her great grandma Norris, her grandma Forbes, and her aunt Michelle.  But I was wrong.  My mom and Michelle share the same middle name with Kinsley.  Oops.  It does make me feel better that Michelle thought she was named after grandma and mom too.  So, I am still claiming that we named Kinsley after THREE godly women - since we didn't know any better until after she was born.

No comments :