Monday, January 15, 2007

The Adventures of My Job

I know that I often complain about my job, sometimes it is just a pain. Other times, it is a lot of fun. This week has had great examples of both. Last Tuesday I was driving one of "my kids" to an appointment. On our way there, she puked all over the passenger side of the car. It was one of the grossest things I have ever seen. We immediately pulled over, and she went into a store to get cleaned up, and I sat with Wallis in the parking lot because I didn't want him to eat anything disgusting. I then got to clean up the disgusting vomit (I am now completely sure that nursing was never my calling).

Then on Wednesday, I got to fly to LA with a 4 year old and a 6 year old. They had never flown on a plane before and have a history of running away in public. They actually did really well until we landed and got to baggage claim. They were riding the carousel, trying to get to the back where the people load the suitcases. A nice man was trying to help me and he said "you need to listen to your mom" and the kids yelled back, "She's not our mom!" Then we got outside where we had to wait for the shuttle to take us to our rental car. Both kids took off down the walkway and ran for about half a block. I just stood there yelling "Hope you don't get hit by a car!" and "Please come back!" It was a very entertaining day.

There has been one major perk of my job this week: Disneyland. So much fun!

Now I am back in WA, the kids are back where they belong, my car is in the shop getting detailed, and all is well.

2 comments :

Hannah said...

I do not envy your job, but I am glad there are people in the world that are willing and able to do what you do.

Living the Life.... said...

How is the running? Have you had time to put in a few miles?